Sunday, November 07, 2004

Bad bad blogger

I've been swamped and haven't made the time to blog. I apologize to my three readers.

Updates:
VCon was a blast. I had a great time. Everyone I met was so positive and upbeat, which was a much needed change from the bitching, whining and stressful crap I've been dealing with. I came home feeling emotionally recharged. It lasted about two days. *wink*

I met Lynda's publisher, Brian Hades and his wife from Edge. What a great couple. We had a lot of fun together. I'm going to do a small bit of editing as a test project for Brian, to see if I have a clue as to what I'm doing. I'm very excited about that, as it's always been something I've wanted to do, but I haven't had the time yet. Soooon.
Karl from Neo-opsis was kind enough to take me to the ferry, on his way home to Victoria. The magazine sales are growing steadily, which is good to hear. Karl & Stephanie have invested a lot of themselves into it, and I wish them the best of luck. (I keep nagging for a press release from them to boost sales in my hometown. - EXPOSUREEXPOSUREEXPOSURE)
The Egyptian exhibit in Victoria was great, though I was very tired and slightly hungover from four late nights. My oh-so-sweet buddy Jim and I spent two hours in the exhibit. There was a lot of stuff, but I was slightly disappointed to see that it was mostly the same sort of stuff - statues, wall paintings (hieroglyphics), with a bit of intricate jewellry, a couple little mummified animals. A great funerary mask. I was hoping for more everyday things - dishes, vases, cosmetics, wigs, clothing. They are more difficult to transport, which was a huge issue. But I'm glad I went.

1 Comments:

At 1:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home