Sunday, September 05, 2004

Speed what?

My eyes are spinning.
Just tried a speed reading test from a link Lynda sent me. I got 679 words per minute on my first try, didn't have a clue what the paragraph was about, but managed to ace the answers. Then after their eye-numbing little exercise I got 761. Retention isn't too high at that speed.
From other sources, did you know that reading on the computer screen is 25% slower than on paper?
Try the test and exercise, it's fun. The resulting vertigo has less side effects than any mind altering product.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you the sources for the slower reading speeds on computers?

Karl Johanson

 
At 2:37 p.m., Blogger Virginia said...

Hi Karl.
I don't have any hard & fast studies on hand.
Here's one link with some various babble, http://www.readingsoft.com/
and this site has a lot of links for more exercises and information: http://www.42explore.com/skim.htm
(How's your ping in Pong coming along?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home