Monday, November 21, 2005

Workshop

Went to the writers workshop yesterday, that I have neglected for about four months. I had to catch up on everybody's stories, as most writers have been submitting one chapter of their novels per month. It's a little silly to try to critique one chapter without knowing what went on before.
PLUS, these stories are DAMN GOOD! I've missed seeing how these characters and plot lines are developing. When you're supposed to be critiquing a piece, and you end up reading through four chapters voraciously, it's a good indication that there's some quality stuff there. I've been reading a ton of fantasy/spec fic lately, from small press to the big guys. It's been very inspiring, because some of it just isn't very good - causing the book to be thrown against the wall. If that type of stuff can get published, these novels that are developing from my fellow writers are very publishable, and I expect will succeed in whatever channels they take.

Here's a big hurrah to you guys. You know who you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home