Friday, October 28, 2005

Unsung Heroes

(or Evil Slash-Happy Monsters - I think authors waver between the two extremes when referring to editors. :-)

I was pleasantly surprised to find this article at Locus Online, discussing the influences of great editors. The article goes into a statistical breakdown of Hugo and Nebula winning stories - fascinating for us statistic/marketing types.
Often editors are overlooked in the success of a story. The author gets the fame, fortune and glory. (I know.. har har) While I would much rather be a prolific writer, I have always had a knack for editing and am improving with each project that comes along. It's a great feeling to be able to work with someone's really good piece of art, and make it great - a synergy that makes up for the lack of fame, fortune and glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home