Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Summer Update

The guilt monster of blog neglection has kicked in.

After a looong winter, I'm a bit relieved and a little sad we're not mountain biking this summer. With some changes and a new approach for next year, we should be back at it.

All is well on the home front. Kids are glad to be done school. I'll be spending the summer immersed in a few things:

BMX racing - my daughter is racing regularly locally, and my stepson will be going to the World Championships in Victoria in July. I'll be tagging along and catching up with some friends while I am there.

Writing - still poking away at my novel. It's coming slowly. (I meant sloooowly.)
I'll be attending Con-version 23 in Calgary in August, and Nina Munteanu and I have planned a couple extra days for a mini-writing retreat before the start of the convention. So looking forward to that - not only having some quiet time, but Nina is such great fun and we always have the greatest conversations (and mucho de la beer).

A group of local friends has been getting together to film some short sketches. It's all off-the-cuff and a lot of fun. I hope I can make more of the weekly meetings between hopping in and out of town.

Publishing - Bundoran Press will soon have a few exciting announcements to make. I'll be reading and editing in the midst of the above chaos.

I still have paperwork galore and websites to work on in an attempt to keep up with the bills. I was thinking this would be more of a relaxing summer? Well fer...

1 Comments:

At 10:06 p.m., Blogger Nina Munteanu said...

Hey, girl! Better make those announcements! Plus I tagged you. Go check out my Saturday post (august 25). It was great spending time with you at the con. Good times. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home