Friday, May 18, 2007

Lloyd Alexander

Lloyd Alexander, author of the Chronicles of Prydain (Taran the Pigkeeper) along with many other works, has passed away at age 83.

'The Black Cauldron' was my first introduction to the world of 'fantasy' as a child. (My mother was horrified that I was past the realm of Anne of Green Gables, and thought it was all crap.) I would voraciously shop our small town second-hand bookstore for anything fantasy, and it's still my favourite genre to this day.

I give a moment of remembrance to a writer who touched the lives of many.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 a.m., Blogger R C Jones said...

Talk about a refreshing approach. Your comments about the park are the most logical and practical I've read.
Good stuff!

By the way, thank you for the kind words about my Storytellers Unplugged bit.

Bob Jones

 

Post a Comment

<< Home