Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New Year's Decisions

Yeah yeah. It's still January. I'm good to go.

This year I will:
Exercise more. I don't do the dieting thing. Silliness. I hope to fit in a minimum of two good workouts per week, be it yoga, tai chi, biking, or heaven forbid a bit of snow this winter - snowboarding.

Write 12 more short stories. That's one a month. I figure I'll have to double up in the summer, but that's cool.

Quit smoking. Get off my case. It'll happen.

Decide between doing a few major theatre projects or throwing myself into this novel. I've been researching for four months, and think I'm ready to go. It'll break my heart to pick one or the other, but I don't have the time to do it all, and I'm tired of watching time fly by without the accomplishments that I want to see.

That's about it. I'll leave mundane things such as cleaning my house until 2007.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 p.m., Blogger Virginia said...

Okay, Pete. I've done it twice. You must play catch up.

I'll admit, I cheated a little. I didn't do the whole tape. But I did rewind cuz I couldn't "pluck the bird" very well, and had to try it numerous times.

I've never had a tai-chi-off before. Pizza, beer, shots, but not anything actually healthy.

 
At 9:34 p.m., Blogger Virginia said...

AND? Pete?

I have failed this week completely, with a good excuse, but it's still failure. I will do my best to not postpone that resolution to next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home