Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Book tag

Came across this somewhere and thought I would start my own tag.

1. Total number of books I've owned:

Bizarre. I was just discussing this last night with a friend, thinking I should do a count for ego's sake. I may have 1000 in my house, scattered from bedrooms to basements. I would have easily had that many through my childhood, as I read voraciously. I still have a couple bookshelves worth at my parents' house. I'm thinking that in another 20 years they'll be antiques. : )

2. The last book I bought:
I went into two different Chapters in two different cities while travelling over Christmas. I loaded up on clearance items, including some Ancient Egyptian reference for my collection, and Quicksilver by Neil Stephenson, cuz I haven't read him yet.

3. The last book I read:
I have just finished Amazing Journey's magazine. I was pleasantly surprised by great stories - very powerful with a lot of emotional pull. I am plowing my way through the novel O-Zone, by Paul Theroux, author of Mosquito Coast. I'm finding it... hmm... shallow?

4. Five books that mean a lot to me:

In Their Nightgowns, Dancing by Michael Armstrong. This is a script by my friend Michael and I had the honour to be part of the production. Fabulous story with fabulous writing.

The Chronicles of Prydain, by Lloyd Alexander (Taran the Pig-keeper series). This was my first introduction as a child to the Fantasy genre, and from there on Anne of Green Gables was boring as snot. I never looked back.

Any that were bought for me by friends.

5.The books in my collection where the physical object means a lot to me:

A personally autographed Serpent in the Sky by John Anthony West. A friend went out of her way to get me a copy and have it signed by John. Thanks, Leena!

My copies of Throne Price and Courtesan Prince from Lynda Williams.

Time is too short to wrack my brain any longer.

6. Tag five people and have them fill this out in their blogs.

Steph, David, Mark, Peter, Lynda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home