Monday, October 03, 2005

Feel like the biggest piece of shit ever

Went to take my daughter to the clinic this evening. We're walking down the sidewalk of the strip mall, and I'm shivering with a fever and hacking up a lung. We walk by a coffee shop, where a man is sitting outside, calling to people, with his hand reaching out. "Ma'am? Sir?" Most people, including myself, do the walk by without acknowledging him, as most do with any beggar on the street.
Twenty minutes later, when we walk back that way again, there's ambulance attendants treating this man. My daughter tells me when we first walked by she heard the man asking a person to please help him.

We went and sat down in the waiting room of the clinic where I cried into my daughter's hair as she sat on my lap. It only got worse when the doctor told me it was time to get her a puffer for asthma.

Please, don't walk by anyone asking for help, even if you think it's only going to be an annoying request for change.

2 Comments:

At 2:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up V. Who is to know these things...

s.

 
At 11:15 a.m., Blogger _ said...

:( that's a very sad post!! i am so sorry to hear.. but unfortunately this world is sooo full of sorry, there is just isnt enough what you can do. have an outstanding weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home