Sunday, July 04, 2004

Inspiration for writers

Found a funky little site. If you sign up for their newsletter, you get a free e-book, "Inspiration for Writers", by Kristin Tracy. It's kinda cute in it's own amateurish way.

Here's a thought bubble I liked from it, roughly paraphrased:
We all have our excuses of why we're not writing.
-I need to do the dishes.
-Writing doesn't pay the bills.
-I'm not good enough.
We've seen these excuses in every book about writing. I liked the excuse zapper Kristin suggested.
-I will do the dishes after I write for 15 minutes.
-If I keep at, someday writing may pay some bills.
-Every day I get better at writing.

Now those are simple. I'll have to try it on myself and see how big of an argument I can get into. I'll let you know who wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home